Friday, February 28, 2014

Johnston Canyon Waterfall

This one is now completed and framed.  24" x 36".   Frame was purchased at Bev's in Ogden, Utah.  Giclees are not planned, but could be ordered.  The price would be around $250-$300.

Johnston Canyon Waterfall....24" x 36" oil on board
February 22, 2014...about 90% completed.

Here are a few photos of the background of creating this piece.

 
Here is the original photograph taken at Johnston Canyon, Banff, Alberta, Canada





 
The photo was altered to remove the tree in the middle and touch up a few details.


First blocking...March 5, 2013....It was then set aside for about 8 months.



December 24, 2013, after a few more days of work.


December 27, 2013, a little more work


February 1, 2014





February 3, 2014...added some rocky features in the foreground water. This painting is for sale, inquire about price. 





1 comment:

Cherie Price said...

Absolutely stunning. I could feast my eyes on this for hours on end. Cuppa herbal tea steaming hot, an English Muffin smothered in pure butter and strawberry preserves, shoes kicked off and my feet on the coffee table, my head resting on the soft leather back of the sofa and my eyes gazing on the waterfalls before me. They look so real, I can hear the water as it cascades over the rocks and flows into a gentle quiet pond with our Lord bathing it in soft rays of sunlight....
WELL, I can’t do anything with a brush and canvas, so I have to paint in words!!